Crock Pot Paleo Coconut Curry Pork Tenderloin Stew
Ok I know what you are thinking, another crock pork tenderloin recipe? Yes you are right! I can’t help it that I.love.crockpotting. What else can I say? And more so, I.love.pork.tenderloin.just.as.much.as.crock. potting.so.deal.with.it! 🙂
This crock pot pork tenderloin recipe is different because I have been longing to make a stew for the past two months and all the recipes I have found online are for fatty chuck roasts, potatoes, carrots and adding cream of this or cream of that, blah blah blah. It went in one ear and out the other and reminded of me of 80s/ early 90s cooking. That was not what I wanted; I want a “fresh” and light version of a classic stew and I want it now. How crabby and demanding does that sound? What a girl has standards. I could not find what I wanted so I made it up and I ended up with this yummy and quick recipe you see before your eyes. It is awesome when things work out like that.
Anyway, I think you are going to like this recipe because 1. It had a lot of veggies and veggies are good. 2. The curry was not overwhelming and gave the pork a nice subtle flavor. 3. It was super easy and easy recipes are GOLD in my book. 4. It was Paleo and healthy and my kids loved it, do I need to say more?
Ok just one more thing, I served it over my plain no grain cauliflower rice.
- 3lbs of pork tenderloin; 2 mini pork tenderloins
- 3 cups of fresh (or frozen) carrots
- 2 lbs of butternut squash; peeled, deseeded, and chopped
- 1 cup of broth
- 1 (16 oz) can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add you chopped butternut squash and carrots to the bottom of the crock pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place your pork tenderloin on top of your vegetables in the crock pot.
- Add a little more salt and pepper to the pork tenderloin and add your minced garlic on top.
- Dump the entire can of coconut milk in a mixing bowl and whisk in the curry powder and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour your broth over the pork tenderloin followed by your yummy coconut curry sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- That is it folks. It is not rocket science. Serve the pork with no grain cauliflower rice and enjoy!
So what do you think? Is it a keeper? If you try this recipe or others on OurFullPlate, please make sure to come back and rate the recipe so you can help others decide which yummy meals of mine to cook. The answer is ALL OF THEM! A girl can dream, right?!?! Happy Cooking!
See your Recipe Book.
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ereg_replace() in /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/function/includes/theme-comments.php:65 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/function/includes/theme-comments.php(22): the_commenter_link() #1 /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-walker-comment.php(184): custom_comment(Object(WP_Comment), Array, 1) #2 /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php(147): Walker_Comment->start_el('', Object(WP_Comment), 1, Array) #3 /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-walker-comment.php(139): Walker->display_element(Object(WP_Comment), Array, '5', 0, Array, '') #4 /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-walker.php(390): Walker_Comment->display_element(Object(WP_Comment), Array, '5', 0, Array, '') #5 /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php(2346): Wal in /home/customer/www/ourfullplate.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/function/includes/theme-comments.php on line 65