Need a reason to look like a rockstar in your kids’ eyes? Or look like Betty Crocker at your next book club or pot luck? Make this recipe and everyone will be high-fiving you like you just won the Super Bowl. Sadly, this recipe is not Paleo but it is still a very healthy low calorie snack that everyone will love this season. I came across this recipe last year on Pinterest (of course) and I knew I had to make it.
Serve it with apples, pears, graham crackers, etc and it will be sure to be a hit. My kids ask for this dip year round. I told you pumpkin flavored ANYTHING is too good to limit to just cooking in the fall. This was so good that when we ate this tonight after dinner, my entire family was silent. You can tell something is good when everyone is too busy eating to talk.
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (5 oz ) box of instant vanilla pudding (just the powder, don’t make the pudding)
- 1 (16 oz )container of cool whip (low fat or fat free)
- ½ tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- ½ tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1 small pumpkin (for decorative reasons only, can skip)
- * If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice you can make it at home
- Makes 2 teaspoons:
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon of ground cloves
- Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, cool whip, and pumpkin pie spice together by hand in a very large bowl.
- Chill for an hour before serving. In my opinion, the cooler it is the better. Meanwhile, carve your pumpkin! Again this optional.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with fresh apples slices, pears, graham crackers, or ginger snaps.
What was the verdict? Was it finger looking good? What else did you serve it with? I love feedback almost as much as I love this dip, so don’t hold out on me 🙂
See your Recipe Book.