For those of you who know me, you know I am a fiery and LOUD Cuban Woman! And what do fiery, LOUD Cuban woman like? Salsa Dancing and tight pants, yes of course, but what we love most is…FOOD! Cuban food is not always healthy so I was super excited when I came across this yummy Paleo Cuban Crock Pot Ropa Vieja recipe. It was a great healthy spin off the traditional Ropa Vieja that my Mom and Grandmother used to make (Recipe to come, promise). “Ropa Vieja” is Spanish for “old clothes” and the beef in the recipe is so tender that it falls off and shreds like old, ratty clothes. Try this yummy Healthy Paleo Cuban Crock Pot Rope Vieja; it is to die for. Your family and your thighs will thank me. Buen provecho!
I served it with my No Grain Cauliflower Rice! Yum!
- 3 lbs of chuck roast, trim off excess fat
- 2 small yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 or more garlic cloves, peeled and minced (the more the merrier)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the cut up onions and peppers on bottom of crockpot.
- Lay the meat on top of the onions and peppers.
- Add all your dry spices and minced garlic on the meat and rub it into the meat if you wish.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Place on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6-7 hours
- Prepare to be wowed! Que barbaridad!
Any other Latin meals you love that we can try to give it a Paleo makeover? Let me know.
See your Recipe Book.