I am baaaaaaaak (insert creepy Chucky’s voice) and thank goodness I am. I apologize for the three week hiatus from blogging but I was on a work trip/ Army school for the last two weeks in Wisconsin where I was knee deep in papers, power point briefs, and hundreds and hundreds of reading material. It was a long two weeks! I missed my family, my healthy foods, and workout routine. I was surrounded daily by donuts, pastries, breads and sugary soda. It was horrible
and so hard to be disciplined. I did the best I could despite the circumstances but nonetheless this Chica needs a kick start back to my normal life. But that didn’t happen either because two days after I got back to Texas we hit the road and we went to New Orleans and Pensacola, Florida to spend the holidays with 34 crazy Cubans (and there were some gringos in the mix too)! ROAD TRIP! Thanksgiving was a lot of fun but of course I ate and drank like a [FAT] Queen. It was all worth it though to spend time with my parents, sister and many many cousins!
Since I have been back, I have been cooking up a storm; this will be one of many posts this week. I made this yummy pork tenderloin crock pot on a whim (and with what was left in my pantry after three weeks gone) and I was surprised how tasty it turned out. I created it from a dream I had the previous night. I was dreaming about apple pie when I woke up that morning and all I had was a pork tenderloin. How is that for a nightmare? So I decided to take my dream and incorporate it into a yummy, healthy Paleo crock pot meal. Don’t be fooled by this recipe’s simple ingredients. It had so much flavor and juices that everyone loved it. I served it over my cauliflower mashers and the combination of creamy mashers with the juicy pork was like fireworks on the 4th of July.
So excited to be back in TX, with my amazing family and my kitchen! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and having fun decorating for the Holidays! I can’t believe it is December already, November flew by for me. Yay for good food and family time ahead.
Don’t forget to keep checking in over the holidays, there is more healthy and delicious food to come.
- For Crock Pot:
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 ½ lbs)
- 2 small apples or 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 small yellow onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- salt to taste
- For Mashed Cauliflower:
- 1 head of fresh cauliflower or 1 bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of almond milk or dairy product of your choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place pork tenderloin in the crock pot.
- Chop and prepare your apples and onions and place on top of the pork tenderloin.
- Add spices, chicken broth and honey.
- Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- When ready to eat, steam cauliflower for 8-10 minutes.
- Poor steamed cauliflower, oil, garlic powder, almond milk and salt and pepper in the food processor and mash until creamy goodness.
- Serve pork over creamy mashers and enjoy!
So what is the verdict? How easy and tasty was that?!?!?
See your Recipe Book.