My Pulled Pork Sliders might be the easiest (yes I said EASIEST) crock pot recipe in my repertoire. It only has 3 ingredients and it is so yummy! The kids love it, adults love it, and Mamas love it too because there is little mess to clean up.
This recipe is great to serve at parties, tailgating, etc. Every time I make this, no lie, my kids do a little dance. I accredit it to my yummy cooking but I have a feeling it has a lot to do with the sweet BBQ sauce!
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 cans of root beer, Dr. Pepper, or dark "cola" of your choice (For the pictures below I only had Coke Zero on hand and I used that and it was equally fabulous)
- 1 can of your favorite Bar-B-Que Sauce (We use Salt Lick which is a local Texas Bar-B-Que joint here)
- Place 2 pork tenderloins in the crock pot (thawed out if frozen)
- Pour your soda of choice over the crock pot. So I have a small crock pot (6 qts) and when I pour the soda over the pork tenderloin it covers the pork about ¾. If you have a bigger crock pot you might need more soda so if you want to buy a 2 liter to make sure you have enough liquid to cover the pork, go ahead. Also, if you only decide to cook 1 pork tenderloin I would not "half" the soda measurement because again the reason why we use cola is the sugar tenderizes the meat and it needs to cover as much of the pork as possible.
- Put on low and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked you can either shred it in the crock pot or drain all the liquid and shred the pork in a separate bowl. Either way separate liquid from pork.
- After all the pork is shredded and liquid is gone, just pour your Bar-B-Que sauce over the shredded pork and stir. And that is it!
Enjoy! Let me know what you think.
See your Recipe Book.